email migration, new AD email attribute - need to mass update all objects in SMC

hi, we are currently going through an email migration, objects in SMC can be updated to pull through the new Email attribute on a per device basis manually, is it possible to mass update all devices per customer container so all devices with a specified container update from the new email attribute stored in Microsoft AD?

thanks

• Hi  

This is possible if you update the Sophos container policy and then you will need to reassign that policy to all the devices. Let me know how it goes. 

• In reply to Shweta:

hi, thanks for your reply but i am a little confused, which policy forces the SMC object to auto update its attributes from Microsoft AD? i.e Email Address?

• In reply to Andrew Mullins:

Hi  

Could you please confirm if the username is also the exchange account for the Users?
  • In reply to Shweta:

HI, no it is not, the mailbox's are authenticated via the email address and account password so just need to know if the SMC object information can be mass updated per customer container for AD rather than individually via the attached 

Hi  

If you are using a Sophos Central Mobile and your account is synchronized with AD, the email address of the AD user which is assigned to the device should be updated automatically on the device information. But need to check first whether the user which you have assigned to the device is AD user. Sometimes we have seen scenarios where the customer has two users with the same name and which creates complexity for him and also please check AD sync is working correctly or if it is manual sync, please resync AD it, so updated user details will change in the Sophos Central and eventually for your user in Mobile.

I have performed a test on my Central account for this. I just assigned one user to my phone and I edited the email address of the user from people of Sophos central and Sophos central mobile has automatically updated the email address of the user to the new one.

• In reply to Jasmin:

hi on our installation of sophos mobile it does not work like this, it does not auto update the email address if in sohos mobile if the email address is changed in AD, we have to perform a manual change by updating the user details on the screen shot i sent in my last post. AD is connected and it does pull details from ad when adding new devices and also when the update details button is clicked as displayed in my previous post but it does not auto update if the user email address change in AD. we have no duplicate usernames or email addresses iin our org.

Hi  

Could you please confirm that AD sync is in place and there is no error in the sync process? Is it happening on the regular interval?

• In reply to Jasmin:

HI,

i have messaged you to Clarify, its a regular as never happens Big Smile automatically. just yesterday i had a request as email profile would install but a user couldn't authenticate on the device, turns out she was married in march this year, Email address was changed in AD in march but the user assigned to the device in SMC was still displaying her maiden name.

Hi  

Thank you for the clarification and other information over the PM.

I'll discuss with our support team whether we can do the update for all the users in one go or not. I'll update you once I have any information on this.