This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PC Listed Twice: Unassigned Group & Correct GPO

Recently a laptop was repurposed for another user with the new laptops name being changed to the same as the original laptop.

After making the swap, the PC name now shows up as normal under the managed group associated with its GPO, however it is also appearing in the Unassigned group as Sophos not being installed. The listing under the Unassigned group does not give any information pertaining to the IP, Domain, etc. I've tried deleting the un-needed second listing several times, but it keeps reappearing.

Is there a way to permantly delete the item? I'm not even sure where it would be pulling it from since that name can't be listed in AD more then once.

:7377

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

Can I ask what version of SEC are you running, it could be important and the problem may well be fixed by:

http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/111697.html

If however you are running the very latest version (4.5.1) or have patched the stored procedure in 4.5.0 and still having the problem I would suggest the results of the following SQL query could be helpful:

SELECT 	c.Name,
    	c.Description, 
    	c.DomainName, 
    	c.OperatingSystem, 
    	c.Managed, 
    	c.Deleted, 
    	c.Connected, 
    	c.insertedat, 
    	c.IdentityTag, 
    	c.DNSName,
    	c.IPAddress,
    	c.MessageSystemAddress,
    	cgm.GroupID
    FROM [SOPHOS45].[dbo].[ComputersAndDeletedComputers] as c
        inner join ComputerGroupMapping as cgm on cgm.ComputerID = c.id
    where c.Name in(
    	SELECT  c.Name 
    	GROUP BY c.name
    	HAVING ( COUNT(c.name) > 1)
    )
    order by c.name

This should show how the duplicate records differ and possibly why there are 2 records for the machine.

If you don't have the SQL tools to run this query with a GUI.  I would suggest something like the following:

1. On the server where the database resides, save the above query as C:\sql.sql

2. In a command prompt run:

sqlcmd.exe -S .\SOPHOS-d sophos45 -i C:\sql.sql -o results.csv -s,

Where the above expects a local SOPHOS named instance.

This should result in a comma separated txt file you can view the details of in Excel for example.

Maybe you could post the results of any duplicates.

Regards,

Jak 

:7379
  • Hi,

Can I ask what version of SEC are you running, it could be important and the problem may well be fixed by:

http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/111697.html

If however you are running the very latest version (4.5.1) or have patched the stored procedure in 4.5.0 and still having the problem I would suggest the results of the following SQL query could be helpful:

SELECT 	c.Name,
    	c.Description, 
    	c.DomainName, 
    	c.OperatingSystem, 
    	c.Managed, 
    	c.Deleted, 
    	c.Connected, 
    	c.insertedat, 
    	c.IdentityTag, 
    	c.DNSName,
    	c.IPAddress,
    	c.MessageSystemAddress,
    	cgm.GroupID
        inner join ComputerGroupMapping as cgm on cgm.ComputerID = c.id
    where c.Name in(
    	SELECT  c.Name 
    	GROUP BY c.name
    	HAVING ( COUNT(c.name) > 1)
    )
    order by c.name

This should show how the duplicate records differ and possibly why there are 2 records for the machine.

If you don't have the SQL tools to run this query with a GUI.  I would suggest something like the following:

1. On the server where the database resides, save the above query as C:\sql.sql

2. In a command prompt run:

sqlcmd.exe -S .\SOPHOS-d sophos45 -i C:\sql.sql -o results.csv -s,

Where the above expects a local SOPHOS named instance.

This should result in a comma separated txt file you can view the details of in Excel for example.

Maybe you could post the results of any duplicates.

Regards,

Jak 

:7379
Children
No Data