This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anybody else having trouble with Sophos Support not responding to open tickets?

Hi, 

Anybody else having trouble with Sophos Support not responding to open tickets?  I created a ticket 3 weeks ago, I got a response immediately and we worked through the issue for a few days.  Then I sent in a SDU log and they asked for some time to review the log, and it's been 2 weeks.  I've sent multiple emails asking for updates.  I created a new ticket to ask for an update on the old ticket and got no response.  I've called the Support phone number and left a voicemail and received no call back.

I've had issues before that Sophos was really helpful in helping me work through my issue, but this is pretty poor.  

:51088

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

We are facing big time trouble from Sophos support they don't respond to open tickets and in weeks if they response they only ask for SDU logs every time now fresh logs.

Even the 2nd level support is not that helpful. I think they need to be more educated and training about the product.

A big example: Yesterday their 2nd level support gut respond to more than a month old ticket and rather than fixing the raised issue he messed with the main production server.

Helpless,,,, where to contact now? We have over 2000 clients Lic. and I've no idea when this will be fixed and will be smooth. After this the support engineer took the SDU logs and asked for a day to check the logs and will get back with the solution hopefully.

Thanks

Regards

• Hi Faisal Raza1,

My apologies for the experience that you had. Please DM the case number so that I can have a look into it and make sure the case is moved in the right direction.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hello Gowthman,

Below are the tickets that are yet pending. Would highly request to assign the tickets to well aware 2nd, level support engineer to avoid trail and error in production environment.

[#7897945] This is the recent worked and became most critical as the Update Managers have stopped getting updates from Sophos.

[#7913042] 

[#7676098]

Thanks & Regards

Faisal

+966568810633 / +966509046966

• Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the details, let me check with the respective cases and get back to you.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Faisal,

Checking the highlighted case "[#7897945] This is the recent worked and became most critical as the Update Managers have stopped getting updates from Sophos." 

I have thoroughly investigated the case and given you the root-cause of the said issue - on April 14th itself. The underlying issue is concerning a GPO reverting which the issue should disappear. At this point I advise you to involve a Microsoft Windows Administrator or Microsoft Support itself if you are having trouble reverting the said GPOs which are modifying our Services. 

Thank you,

Vikas

• I am having trouble even opening a ticket

To start with WebChat is telling me that I need to wait for 174 minutes before anyone can "Chat" with me

So I tried to open a ticket using the webform - which I sent, 10 minutes ago - NO confirmation email has yet been received !!

So much for us having a SILVER Support Contract !!

Come on Sophos - get your act together !

• Hi  

Sorry for the inconvenience, Please do share your support ticket number here for me to look into it.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I don't have a reference number - nothing was received !

• Hi  

Just to confirm, you did try to open the support ticket from here right?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Haridoss Sreenivasan said:

Hi  

Just to confirm, you did try to open the support ticket from here right?

Yes I did - still no response !

I have used Sophos forum and have a way forwards though ..

• Hi  

Which Sophos Product are you using? Please do brief the issue you are facing and I will be able to help you with it.

Haridoss Sreenivasan

• I am having a similar problem, sometimes support it great but then sometimes its absolutely appalling.

I opened a case and got no response for a week, then I get a phone call saying that because I hadn't responded the case would be closed. I explained that I had no contact prior to that call to respond to. The support rep then got a bit snooty and gave me the 'our email works it must be your end, just log into the sophserv portal then'. I know our email is ok because I was receiving emails about another sophos case from I presume a different call centre. That case was proceeding nicely.

At the time I was unaware of sophserv and hadn't used it so I asked if he could help guide me to my case. His response was that his shift was about to end and someone else would have to call me back. This was just 5 minutes into the call - what was the point of making call if all you have not intention of helping? I at least got the case number from him before he hung up. I got into sophserv and found there was only the other case listed, no sign of #8105967

I waited a day or so for that return call but nothing happened so I raised a case on sophserv requesting access to #8105967 and an update. That new case went in, I watched it for the day and there was no response, then yesterday I find its been deleted from my portal - not closed just gone completely.

There is something very rotten in the support systems and it appears that some of the employees or call centres are playing us all for mugs.

• I am having a similar problem, sometimes support it great but then sometimes its absolutely appalling.

I opened a case and got no response for a week, then I get a phone call saying that because I hadn't responded the case would be closed. I explained that I had no contact prior to that call to respond to. The support rep then got a bit snooty and gave me the 'our email works it must be your end, just log into the sophserv portal then'. I know our email is ok because I was receiving emails about another sophos case from I presume a different call centre. That case was proceeding nicely.

At the time I was unaware of sophserv and hadn't used it so I asked if he could help guide me to my case. His response was that his shift was about to end and someone else would have to call me back. This was just 5 minutes into the call - what was the point of making call if all you have not intention of helping? I at least got the case number from him before he hung up. I got into sophserv and found there was only the other case listed, no sign of #8105967

I waited a day or so for that return call but nothing happened so I raised a case on sophserv requesting access to #8105967 and an update. That new case went in, I watched it for the day and there was no response, then yesterday I find its been deleted from my portal - not closed just gone completely.

There is something very rotten in the support systems and it appears that some of the employees or call centres are playing us all for mugs.

Children
No Data