This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos SEC to Central migration issue

Hello All,

I am trying to migrate sophos SEC to Central via migration tool, however getting an error while doing that.

While checking the logs it says :

2022-01-19T12:24:12.7697292Z INFO : Target path: C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Sophos\\CloudInstaller
2022-01-19T12:24:12.7697292Z INFO : Migration.csv file: C:\\ProgramData\\Sophos\\AutoUpdate\\Cache\\savxp\\migration.csv
2022-01-19T12:24:12.7697292Z WARNING : Endpoint is not listed in migration.csv
2022-01-19T12:24:12.7697292Z ERROR : Exception: Not migrating endpoint

Any suggestions here please?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Abhijeet Nawale,

have not yet migrated so I'm not sure what migration.csv contains or should contain and how the computer is identified (name, id, ...). What does the said file contain. This is apparently the first computer you try to migrate, as it should do no harm could you try with another one?
    And please give the name of the log and ideally post the complete log. There's a number of logs and it's not always easy to determine from which one a snippet is. Furthermore the final error message is not always an indication of the actual underlying cause in which case usually some other part of the log contains the important and significant information..

Christian

• the logs I am referring is from "C:\ProgramData\Sophos\CloudInstaller\Logs". Also I tried with new client but same result and error in log.
    I checked the csv file, and it did mentioned specific machine name. 

• Hello Abhijeet Nawale,

as said, I'm pretty ignorant regarding migration. I imagine that the CSV contains at least Computer name and Group
    If I'm not mistaken (the CloudInstaller folder suggests it) migration was started - as you say the name is in the CSV. It seems the installer performs another check (perhaps in case it was inadvertently started) and this one fails. You don't have any special characters in the computers' names, do you?

Christian 

• Nothing complicated in name, its just - in between and nothing else

• Hello Abhijeet Nawale,

hm, normally the dash shouldn't be a problem, we would have heard already. Nevertheless it's not an absolutely safe character - any chance that you try with an endpoint that does not have one in its name?

Christian 

• let me check and try accordingly.

Reply Children
No Data