Customers might be unable to connect with us via the Sophos Malaysia Support Hotline number. Our teams are actively working on a fix. In the interim, we request customers to use the backup hotline number - +65 3157 5922 (Singapore) or raise a support request at https://support.sophos.com/.

Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM Still Wont Update!! Shh/Updater-B False positives

After my whole network getting False Positives, and reading pages of post

My SUM still wont update after doing the following

Option 1

1. Add the following exclusions to the' Anti-Virus and HIPS' policy

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\
    C:\Program Files\Sophos\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\
    C:\programdata\sophos\

2. Select Groups in SEC and select 'Update Now'
  3. Once all groups have been updated remove the exclusions

Option 2

1. Centrally disable On-Access scanning via policy in SEC
  2. Select Groups in SEC and select 'Update Now'
  3. Once a group has updated re-enable On-Access scanning via policy in SEC

its getting very annoying, all my users are getting a very annoying windows installer window popping up every half hour or so, which causes grief to our dedicated application users, all the log files are full with MsiInstaller Warnings & Errors about

Product: Sophos AutoUpdate -- Internal Error 2324. 6, C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\ps.crl

HELP!!!!

:31093

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello,

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME BIG PROBLEM!!!!

Any Helps from SUPPORT?

thanks!

:31149
  • I followed the exact same steps, and have the same internal 2324 error, the computers showing this error also keep trying to update and fail.

If I try to reprotect them i get the error code 0000000a Uninstall of Sophos AutoUpdate failed.

Also the following message shows up in the eventlog:  Detection of product ''{15C418EB-7675-42BE-B2B3-281952DA014D}', feature 'Main' failed during request for component '{ADECE077-A75A-4668-819F-AEBB42F82CDC}

:31155
  • Hi itdave,

After apply exclusion from SEC have you tried clear the quarantine list and restart sophos service?

:31233
  • Hi,

Stop the on access scanning on all PCs and copy the following files from a known good PC with Sophos then paste them into the same directories on the affected PCs (I'm having to do this will many of my customer this morning). :(

C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\

inetconn.dll

swlocale.dll

If it still doesn't work, check the local event logs and see if any other DLLs are missing from the client!

Hope this helps.

:31243
  • Actually, there are many more random files missing from the Autoupdate folder, I'm having to do it PC by PC comparing the folder to see what's been purged by Sophos.

:31267
  • Hi itdave,

Have you tried to clear quarantine list before or after apply exclusion for Sophos directory once confirmed policy comply and restart Sophos service and verified Sophos folder/file didn't detect as virus/spyware ater exclusion?.

Correct me if i'm wrong I just assume if exlude folder/file without clear the list will not worked since Sophos already detect as spyware/virus before exclusion policy applied.

:31297
  • I was able to fix this condition by removing the ps.crl and starting ALMon.exe.

Under C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate

I renamed ps.crl (instead of deleting it).

Started ALMon.exe

The installer started and successfully reinstalled the needed files, including a new copy of ps.crl

The Sophos shield was now in the system tray.

A right click and "Update Now" installed the updated files.

System is back up and running normally now.

Hope it works for you!

/R

:31579
  • Deleting the ps.crl file worked for me on the firts server I tried but not the second one. Would be good to find an automated fix for this update problem.

:32643
  • Have you tried this tool, it should help on a SUM that has been affected by this issue.http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/118329.aspx 

Hth, failing that try the support numbers as they may have less callers as its Sunday US time.

:32645
  • This seems to be workign to resolve my SUM issues. one question: How long should I expect to see "downloading binaries", as listed in that article. I am at 10 hours since the install.

"You may see a “Downloading binaries” message in the 'Download status' column on the Sophos Enterprise Console, this should clear itself in time."

:32695