This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatic Scan of removable media

Hi,

Is there a way of automatically scanning removable media when attached to a PC? We had an outbreak of conficker a few months back (don't want to go through that again!) and are still getting the odd memory stick attached by teachers that has conficker on. I'd be a lot happier if all memory sticks/USB hard drives were fully scanned each time they were attached!

I am also trying to educate staff to ensure their home PCs are fully protected!

edit - useful info.. We're running Enterprise console 4 and Endpoint security 9

Thanks,

Joe

:691

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Re: Automatic Scan of removable media [ Edited ]

12-01-2010 10:42 - last edited on 12-01-2010 10:43

John,

I've mentioned this to Ian Lakie by e-mail a week or so ago, but could something be introduced perhaps to stop autorun on removable devices? This could help, as I know I've found out in the last few weeks. However, in certain circumstances, we want the students to access the same computers that teachers use. We'd then be looking for something that would block by user, rather than end point.

I know there must be hundreds of other ways to do this without involving Sophos, but offering what others don't is typically a good thing..?

Regards,

Dave

:2582
  • Re: Automatic Scan of removable media [ Edited ]

12-01-2010 10:42 - last edited on 12-01-2010 10:43

John,

I've mentioned this to Ian Lakie by e-mail a week or so ago, but could something be introduced perhaps to stop autorun on removable devices? This could help, as I know I've found out in the last few weeks. However, in certain circumstances, we want the students to access the same computers that teachers use. We'd then be looking for something that would block by user, rather than end point.

I know there must be hundreds of other ways to do this without involving Sophos, but offering what others don't is typically a good thing..?

Regards,

Dave

:2582
Children
No Data