This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

As a vendor, how can I tell why my file was flagged as having a low reputation for one of my customers?

Our client software has triggered a Sophos Endpoint warning as being of low reputation.  Knowing that the file is not malware, how do I trace why the file was flagged in this manner, and get it corrected, so as to not worry my customers?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There is a sample submission page: FileSubmission (sophos.com) . I'm not sure if you can do much with reputation score.

Download Rep as a feature uses IOfficeAntiVirus interface so for the browsers that support it, e.g. Chrome, IE, at the end of the download, before the browser "gives up the file" to the user it is an opportunity to check it.  The reputation lookup is a request to the cloud to get a reputation score.

I don't know what Labs will do with the request but it's your best bet.

• There is a sample submission page: FileSubmission (sophos.com) . I'm not sure if you can do much with reputation score.

Download Rep as a feature uses IOfficeAntiVirus interface so for the browsers that support it, e.g. Chrome, IE, at the end of the download, before the browser "gives up the file" to the user it is an opportunity to check it.  The reputation lookup is a request to the cloud to get a reputation score.

I don't know what Labs will do with the request but it's your best bet.

Children
No Data