This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Malware 'Unscannable' was detected

"Malware 'Unscannable' was detected and blocked in a download from cache.lumension.com"

Hi,

we are getting around 16 hits of this, two or three times a day in the malware log on our XG210.

I have seen a couple of old posts that dont really say if I should make it an exception or block it.

The source IP is our WS1100 and the Dest IP is our ISP.

Wondered if anyone else has come across it recently and had any further information?

Our Sophos WS1100 also reports it, some blocked and some allowed. These are all ospx url links.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello tstan,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

Checking with labs, the website is categorized as Computing & Internet, and or IT.

Has this issue resurfaced since you opened the thread?

If this still happens and to know if it is a false positive we would need to do a packet capture to submit to Labs, if that website is yours or you know that website you could create an exception in the SWA and XG for not scanning. 

XG

Protect >> Web >> Exceptions >> Add

SWA

Configuration >> Group Policy >> Local Site List >> Add site

If you want to do the packet capture, please send me a PM, we would need it for both the XG and SWA.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hello tstan,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

Checking with labs, the website is categorized as Computing & Internet, and or IT.

Has this issue resurfaced since you opened the thread?

If this still happens and to know if it is a false positive we would need to do a packet capture to submit to Labs, if that website is yours or you know that website you could create an exception in the SWA and XG for not scanning. 

XG

Protect >> Web >> Exceptions >> Add

SWA

Configuration >> Group Policy >> Local Site List >> Add site

If you want to do the packet capture, please send me a PM, we would need it for both the XG and SWA.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
Children