This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Odd Issues with Enterprise Console 4.5

Hi all.

I've been doing a quick lab with 4.5 before putting it into production but I've encountered a few issues.

For information I'm running on 2008 SP2 x64.  Using the inbuilt SQL express 2008 although in production it will use the full fat version.

Now the issues.

First the Sophos Management Service won't start correctly.  The service seems to start if left over night (Possible SQL slow to start issue?) I don't know SQL very well but was wondering if the database is starting correctly.  I'm getting two events.  In System I get Event ID 7031, "The service terminated unexpectedly".  In the application logs I've got Event ID 8004 " Data: 0x80007042b - The process terminated unexpectedly".

The other issue is the console, the status window appears to have frozen.  Lab PC's are updating ok and polices appear to be applying as I can see the changes on the endpoints when I change something in the policy but the console still shows them as "awaiting policy transfer".

I'll be raising a support call later but thought I'd ask on here first.

:3745

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm seeing these same errors in our RMS agent logs however we have not yet gone to EC 4.5.  We currently have 4.0 installed and we are seeing Event ID 8009 (Sending message to computer Router$PC_NAME:63156 failed, router may have stopped.) all over the place.  All PC_NAME machines are reporting back to the Enterprise Console as unknown.  Just wondering if anyone has any info.  Thanks!

:3899
  • I'm seeing these same errors in our RMS agent logs however we have not yet gone to EC 4.5.  We currently have 4.0 installed and we are seeing Event ID 8009 (Sending message to computer Router$PC_NAME:63156 failed, router may have stopped.) all over the place.  All PC_NAME machines are reporting back to the Enterprise Console as unknown.  Just wondering if anyone has any info.  Thanks!

:3899
Children
No Data