This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

safeguard easy v4.30.1 uninstall/decrypt

Hello. i have task to gather data from my company old lenovo T500.
it has safeguard easy v4.30.1 on it

i do not have windows domain /admin password. but i know how to bypass both those

i have safequard user password.
i have several safequard admin username and passwords but not working 

to bypass win admin password i need to get in hdd C:

And with an encryption on. i cant get there.

login + F9 gives me screen with

CODE: 1A 2B 3C 4D 5E 6F 7G Type code. 
and asks for me to - enter Response below:

what would that mean?

i have several CD to decrypt Safeguard 4.5x  and so on

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi - It's working in challenge and response. It provides a code. You give this code to your IT suport and they provide the "answer"/response to your code. However SafeGuard Easy is an old product and it's End Of Life. It may be worth launching a support call with Sophos, but as the product has been cut off a good while ago - you may be out of options. You need to speak to the team/staff member that was/is responsible for encryption. If they DID get rid of the service, they should have had a decomission plan and have decrypted those laptops. They need access to that server to generate the reply code. You can then "unlock" those drives and decrypt. You need to remove SG Easy as soon as you've decrypted and replace with a newer and supported product.

• thanks for information. i am IT support on this company (oss) Smiley

We dont have safequard anymore in our company
    and old IT dudes found just those old admin IDs that i did not get work
    And decrypt cd. and after insert cd and F7 it gives blue screen with code
    STOP : 0X0000007B (0XF789E640, 0XC0000034) (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

so. maybe we throw this T500 out the window? Smiley

• Sadly if the server doesn't exist anymore, I would boot the devices from USB (therefore avoiding booting from the encrypted drive) flatten the device and install Windows. Obviously you'll lose all your data on the machines, but at least you'll have some working/usable machines again?

• so old laptop T500 no use anymore in my company. its good for home internet use. thanks for help Slight smile

• Loads of life in that....but then I love getting old devices back up and running! It'll not run Windows 11 but you'll get Win10 running ok on it?!

• have not tested it yet. ill ask what laptop owner wants to do with it. and we do not have built image for this laptop.
    T460s is oldest we have image. and that is soon to be dead for company
    currently have t14s

when you got too much money you just buy everything new and throw old hardware to lava

i do not like that policy. but its company policy.

my policy in home is if it runs somehow its great :D

my oldest computer in home is 1983 ericson step/one
    great condition working well :D

• have not tested it yet. ill ask what laptop owner wants to do with it. and we do not have built image for this laptop.
    T460s is oldest we have image. and that is soon to be dead for company
    currently have t14s

when you got too much money you just buy everything new and throw old hardware to lava

i do not like that policy. but its company policy.

my policy in home is if it runs somehow its great :D

my oldest computer in home is 1983 ericson step/one
    great condition working well :D

Children
No Data