This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After installing the 8.0 SGN client on windows 7 system the system performance is poor

After installing the 8.0 SGN client on windows 7 system the system performance is poor.

Can anyone help in this issue.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Team,

Could you please suggest how we can update the patch if we are having the client , preinstall version 8.00.0.251 and client configuration version is 8.10.0.323 .

Also we are unable to connect with the sophos support & case id is 9354628

• Hi Team,

Could you please suggest how we can update the patch if we are having the client , preinstall version 8.00.0.251 and client configuration version is 8.10.0.323 .

Also we are unable to connect with the sophos support & case id is 9354628.

Also how we can identify the patch is updated or not and what is the impact of upgradation

• The client are available via the main zip file you would have downloaded for the server install.

The configuration only really contains settings as such - it's the client (and pre-install for Win7) that will affect performance. More so the client.

The updates for the client are available from Sophos - The upgrade from 251 is available here - https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/131935 

The configuration is new and matching your server at present - So I would upgrade the client first (with the link I've posted) and go from there?

• Hi Micheal,

We have recently installed version as follows:

1.Preinstall---8.00.0.251

2.Client---8.00.0.251

3.Client Configuration ---8.10.0.323

As per you last suggestion,

What is the exact process if the Preinstall and Client is older version in this scenario?

So if we want to upgrade the Preinstall & Client then How we can go ahead,can you please us.

• So in this scenario,

We need to upgrade the first Preinstall then Client packages to match the all current version with Sophos Safeguard

• Hi could anyone share the latest sophos safeguard version with supported windows client version os, does it support for the windows 7.pro

• Hi - Just replied to your other post. I'm afraid no-one can (or should) link to it directly as it's available to users testing or have purchased the product. 

I you don't see the product as I've shown after logging in - then you'll need to contact support who will take it up with you.

The complete zip contains the pre-installer (this is NOT needed for Win10 - only Win7), latest clients for Mac AND PC and all the server setup/install too.

• Hi  

Safeguard 8.20 is the latest version for the Safeguard enterprise but it has the same module which Safeguard v8.10 has for Windows 7. From Safeguard 8.20 onwards, we have discontinued the Windows 7 as supported Operating System. Even if you'll upgrade to the 8.20, your machine will have the same module of encryption which is in the 8.10.

For information, please find the release notes here of Safeguard 8.20.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please share the latest supported windows safeguard client  article, as we have the below link :

We are planning to configure the new safeguard server  to the client site and the client is having some of the windows 7 pro 64bit system. So  in this scenario, we  have build the sophos safeguard 8.2 console with the same version client,preinstall and configuration packages, so will it supported for the windows 7.pro 64 bit system or not?

• Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please share the latest supported windows safeguard client  article, as we have the below link :

System Requirements for SafeGuard Enterprise 8.20

Sophos Community

We are planning to configure the new safeguard server  to the client site and the client is having some of the windows 7 pro 64bit system. So  in this scenario, we  have build the sophos safeguard 8.2 console with the same version client,preinstall and configuration packages, so will it supported for the windows 7.pro 64 bit system or not?

Also share the new sophos safeguard 8.2 server installation video for our knowledge purpose.