This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP30 dropping

Hi all

I've been running my UTM (Home license) since last March.

The first AP30 I added has always worlked.

Last year I bought a second AP30. After some indeterminate point of time the AP went to inactive.

So following a few other threads, I deleted it but it never reappeared.

If I flashed it to an earlier version, it would appear but then eventually the same thing.

Since I had no support and the AP was second had, I assumed it was probably faulty in some way.

So...fast forward and I bought two brand new, in box AP30's from eBay. Never opened. All of them are V2 devices from what I can see.

And lo and behold the exact same thing has happened.

In the wireless log I got lines like these:

AP30 from 192.168.xxx.xxx:33809 identified as A4001FC56XXXXXX

(Re-)loaded identity and/or configuration

ll_read: dead socket: Resource temporarily unavailable

disconnected. Close socket and kill process.

It then repeats several times with different port numbers after the IP

Finally four lines repeating:

Configuration change detected

It seems odd that I get exactly the same behaviour with two AP's

I've tried moving them to a different switch, different cables etc. I tried with/without PoE in case it was a lack of juice.

It's incredibly frustrating to say the least.

Rebooting the UTM or the AP has no effect - once removed from the list of access points until I flash it, it will never show again.

I am a bit flabbergasted, to be honest that given a quick browse of the forums, it does seem to be a common problem and yet there is no solution?

Obviously, given it's a home license I have no support.

Anyone have any advice please?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Morning guys

I was mulling this over considerably as it seemed odd to me that two AP's would have failed whereas one has always been absolutely rock solid.

I was confident it wasn't a cabling issue as I'd replaced that.

But I was running the failed ones off of a NETGEAR ProSAFE 8 Port Web Managed (Plus) Gigabit Ethernet Switch with PoE (GS108PE-300EUS) using the PoE on the switch.

Whereas the one which has never failed is powered using a POE injector as the switch that it's connected into isn't PoE.

I therefore decided to use the PoE injector that came with the AP30. 

It's early days, as I only got around to making the switch at the weekend, but given I never saw it stable for more than about 3 days, the early results are very promising as it's still connected and appears to be rock solid.

Of course, if it drops off again, I will post back.

Overall I am less than impressed by that switch anyway - to say it's managed is something of an exaggeration - you can't even tell which port is delivering PoE or at what wattage etc. 

Anyway, hopefully this'll be a permanent solution and will help anyone having issues.