This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Separate VLANs over WiFi

I'm wondering if what I'm trying to do is possible.  I have it set up as it is in the diagram with the exception of the DHCP servers currently being configured on the UTM.

The only issue I'm having is that I get no IP address when connecting to the Guest WiFi network.  I guessing that this is because the AP only lets me configure one VLAN for it, so the requests are coming in on the wrong interface?  How can I make it so that the two SSID's give out different network scopes, while one is bridged to a VLAN?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • if you have your AP in VLAN2 and you also want a SSID in VLAN2 you can probably use "Bridge to AP LAN" for your VLAN3 SSID you should need Bridge to VLAN.
    All VLAN's need to be tagged and of course should also be configured on the switchport connecting to the AP.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• if you have your AP in VLAN2 and you also want a SSID in VLAN2 you can probably use "Bridge to AP LAN" for your VLAN3 SSID you should need Bridge to VLAN.
    All VLAN's need to be tagged and of course should also be configured on the switchport connecting to the AP.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
No Data