This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM with non Sophos Wireless?

Morning all.

decided to install Sophos UTM as my firewall (from a custom Linux box) and have a question about the wifi management... Can Sophos UTM manage non Sophos Wifi APs? or should i just create a VLAN, and associate that VLAN with the wifi network, and leave the auth, etc, to the wifi AP? I use Ubnt APs...

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Jeli,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

The UTM/XG can only manage Sophos Access Points. 3rd Party Access Points will be seen by the UTM/XG as a regular device, so you’ll have to manage all of the AP functionalities in the AP controller.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Salut Jeli Kuber,

As Emmanuel explained, the Sophos can only manage Sophos APs.

The only portion of Wireless Protection that you can use with your APs is the Hotspot functionality.  That applies to an Interface regardless of the underlying hardware whether it be a physical NIC or a virtual one like VLANs and the wlan NIC created for Sophos Wireless networks defined on Sophos APs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA