This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[9.703] 5 Ghz Mesh no longer possible or a bug?

Hi,

I have been running running a home licence UTM now for a couple of years and used Mesh Networks at different times.

Now - on UTM 9.703 - I wanted to set up a Mesh Network on 5 Ghz between 2 AP50s Access Points (as I did in the past). Unfortunately I cannot create the Mesh Network because of an error message (for both Root Access Point and Mesh Access Point): The AP 'xxx' is configured to operate on band '2.4 GHz' and use Mesh on conflicting band '5 GHz'.

Both AP50 have been deleted from the configuration and rejoined to the UTM, so they are not part of any Wireless Network... Creating a Mesh Network using the 2.4 Ghz works as it should - but I would like to use the 5 Ghz!

For testing I installed a UTM 9.509 on an older machine and connected the AP50s to it and the Mesh Network could be created without any problems on 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz.

Does anyone had the same issue on an recent UTM version or is this a bug? What about the appliance users (or XG/SG users)?

Best regards,

Frank

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Frank,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

If you go to Wireless Protection >> Access Point >> Overview >> Active Access Points >> Edit >> Advanced, do you have the 2.4ghz and 5ghz option?

If you do, can you please select 5ghz for both AP, and then try to see if this populates the 5ghz when you try to configure the Mesh.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hello Emmanuel,

thanks for your support.

On my AP50s I can't change the Band - both are active and cannot be turned off... (same on AP55!)

But as I said: on UTM 9.509 this behaviour is identically but creating a Mesh Network on 5 Ghz is working!

On my RED15w the option "2.4 OR 5 GHz" is available, but not on my AP50/AP55...

Best regards,

Frank