This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Update Java on UTM 9

When ever I attempt to Run the Java Update I get the error Http://java.com/error403. I have attempted to add the URL into the exceptions tab on Filtering options but this does not appear to work. 

I've seen a suggestion somewhere to allow .MSI extension to be downloaded BUT I really don't want to punch an hole that big in my firewall unless I an lock it to certain URLs. 

Any advise would be welcomed. 

Cheers

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Richard,

Can you post few lines from the HTTP.log showing that the JAVA update is blocked through the UTM? What is the protection mode configured on UTM? If the transparent mode is configured then simply add the URL in the Skip transparent mode for a destination in Web Filtering> Misc . If the Web Protection mode is Standard, then please show us the screenshot of the configured exception policy and provide us with the URL(s) so that I convert them to corresponding RegExs. 

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Richard,

Can you post few lines from the HTTP.log showing that the JAVA update is blocked through the UTM? What is the protection mode configured on UTM? If the transparent mode is configured then simply add the URL in the Skip transparent mode for a destination in Web Filtering> Misc . If the Web Protection mode is Standard, then please show us the screenshot of the configured exception policy and provide us with the URL(s) so that I convert them to corresponding RegExs. 

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data