This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN with static addresses possible?

Hello,

I need static IP addresses for the clients with SSL VPN. Is this possible?
If not in the webfrontend, is there maybe a solution with console access?

regards
Martin F.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I think you could do that with this software, GMF, but I don't know enough of the internals of OpenVPN to feel comfortable making such configuration changes.  I haven't done the following, but it should work...

Assume that we have a VPN user named David.  Create a Host definition "David static" = 10.243.2.11.  Finally, make a NAT rule:

SNAT : David (User Network) -> Any -> Any : from David static

Now, all of the traffic from David should be from the static IP 10.243.2.11 - does that work for you?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think you could do that with this software, GMF, but I don't know enough of the internals of OpenVPN to feel comfortable making such configuration changes.  I haven't done the following, but it should work...

Assume that we have a VPN user named David.  Create a Host definition "David static" = 10.243.2.11.  Finally, make a NAT rule:

SNAT : David (User Network) -> Any -> Any : from David static

Now, all of the traffic from David should be from the static IP 10.243.2.11 - does that work for you?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • I think you could do that with this software, GMF, but I don't know enough of the internals of OpenVPN to feel comfortable making such configuration changes.  
    Fully agree with your concerns about such config changes.
    I only mentioned it that it may be possible...