This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN with static addresses possible?

Hello,

I need static IP addresses for the clients with SSL VPN. Is this possible?
If not in the webfrontend, is there maybe a solution with console access?

regards
Martin F.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Do you mean you want to connect to a static IP with SSL-VPN-Clients?
    This can be done in WebAdmin: 'Remote Access' -> 'SSL' -> 'Settings' -> 'Override Hostname'
  • If you're looking for static IPs as you can do with the other Remote Access methods, that's not possible.  There are workarounds - what problem are you trying to solve?

That said, I think there's something in the V9.1 beta that you might be able to use.  It looks pretty rough at the moment though.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Can you tell us something about your needs to have those static IPs (when Bob is correct with his guess)?

Maybe an other solution can reach your goal. There is the option to use the usernetworks in nearly every configuration.
  • I mean this, what Bob wrote.
    A static ip address for the client.

There is a batch file, who recieve data from the client. And the ip is also a static entry in the batch file.

If the ip changes on every dialin, the batch file cant get the data.

regards
    Martin F.
  • I did something like that for IPCop but don't know if it works with asg/utm.

Zerina/OpenVPN Roadwarrior mit fester IP
  • I think you could do that with this software, GMF, but I don't know enough of the internals of OpenVPN to feel comfortable making such configuration changes.  I haven't done the following, but it should work...

Assume that we have a VPN user named David.  Create a Host definition "David static" = 10.243.2.11.  Finally, make a NAT rule:

SNAT : David (User Network) -> Any -> Any : from David static

Now, all of the traffic from David should be from the static IP 10.243.2.11 - does that work for you?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think you could do that with this software, GMF, but I don't know enough of the internals of OpenVPN to feel comfortable making such configuration changes.  
    Fully agree with your concerns about such config changes.
    I only mentioned it that it may be possible...