This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weird SSL VPN Problem with Connecting to a 192.168/24 Subnet from a 10.242.2/24 subnet

Hi Community,

we're experiencing a weird problem. We have just got installed a new router from our service provider which connects us to a 192.168.200/24 where our Telephony Server is located. There is a working route on our coreswitch(192.168.14.39) to the subnet, so internal traffic flows normally. However when we tried to reach the subnet from our VPN Clients (default 10.242.2.0/24)  the traffic gets dropped. Rules were all created, static route on the sophos is also working, vpn profile contains the 192.168.200.0/24 subnet for tunneling. 

The Sophos can also reach the subnet from its internal interface 192.168.14.139. 

The Routes on the Provider router (192.168.14.219) are 10.242.2.0/24 via 192.168.14.139 so that should work right?

Now the problem is it is not working :) 

Am i missing something, i can also ping ssl vpn clients from the coreswitch, that is also working but for some reasong its not working. Do you think that it's a problem on the provider end or from our sophos ?

The Sophos we're talking about is running UTM 9.7

Thanks in advance :)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hallo Georg,

What happens if you disable the firewall in the telephony server?  If that works, then the server has been dropping traffic from the VPN.  If that quick test doesn't reveal the problem, do #1 in Rulz.

Glück gehabt?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think that might actually be a problem, since i'm about to go crazy since it's not working, because everything else is. We will talk with our provider next to see if its possible that the server firewall is dropping the traffic.I have also started a sophos ticket to figure out if its a problem from our end. 

Danke schonmal Wink

• Well problem fixed, it was indeed a problem with our provider, they had a spelling mistake in the static route to the vpn ssl network. It said someting like 102.42.2.0/24 instad of 10.242 Shrug. Now its working but thanks :)