This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data disk cleanup process

I see that several people have had issues with the data disk filling up.

Our data disk is 290 gb and is currently only at 24% but it is increasing by 4% every day so I'm trying to find out how and when UTM cleans up the data disk.

Can anyone point me in the right direction since I haven't found any documentation yet.

Regards

Hans Petter Jacobsen

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Hans,

Take SSH to UTM and execute the command "df -kh"

Monitor the troubling directory.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• This has become an increasing problem that someone has to manually Delete the Data Disk by doing the following.

Web Protection - Filtering Options - Misc - Clear Cache.

Usually I do this manually every time I receive e-mail alerts but this time I decided to wait and see if UTM cleaned up after it self.

Why does UTM not clean up the data disk when Caching is not enabled.

Regards

Hans Petter Jacobsen

• Hans Petter, when you see this message, what are you cleaning up?  As Sachin suggested, try df -h to see where to look, and then use du -shx * on the implicated sub-directories.  Is that where you've been cleaning up?  If you really do have a 290GB data disk, I can't imagine what would be gobbling over 10GB per day.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hans Petter, when you see this message, what are you cleaning up?  As Sachin suggested, try df -h to see where to look, and then use du -shx * on the implicated sub-directories.  Is that where you've been cleaning up?  If you really do have a 290GB data disk, I can't imagine what would be gobbling over 10GB per day.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children