This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update/backup to 4.1 does not work

Hi,
according the Release Notes, it is not possible to update from 4.0 to 4.1.
Instead, you need to backup 4.0, create a new installation 4.101 and import the backup config.

Doing so, basic configuration parameter are missing. [:@]
The Webui uses the standard port instead of the one configured on the former SUM.
The lisence has been gone. You see now a 30 day lisence.
Systems settings are missing (e.g. ssh access) and so on. Notifications are gone.

The backup on SUM 4.0 has been made with a standard manual backup.
These options were unticked
[] Unique site data (License, passwords, certificates/keys)
[] Administrative mail addresses.

So more or less all changes which you do in the SUM are gone.
The Gateway Mananager itself 'see' the devices (ASG,UTM).

Did I something wrong? Do I need a new lisence? Do I need to add/change all parameter manually?

Cheers,
ciscoman

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • ok,
    obviously I'm the only one using this product.
    Will switch back to 4.0 and wait if there will be an 'update procedure' as on the standard ASG/UTM.
    Cheers,
    ciscoman
  • ok,
    obviously I'm the only one using this product.
    Will switch back to 4.0 and wait if there will be an 'update procedure' as on the standard ASG/UTM.
    Cheers,
    ciscoman

Aehm, update requires a specific version...

Verifying up2date package signature
    Unpacking installation instructions
    You are currently running Version 4.000002, but Version 4.101008 is required for this up2date package.

Cheers,
    ciscoman
  • Same problem here. 
    For the virtual appliance there is no package to get the 4.1
  • They have not released an up2date package to take one from 4.002 to 4.1xx yet... my understanding is that they will eventually.  For folks that are not resellers / MSPs, there's not a whole lot new in 4.1xx (some cosmetics, a minor bugfix or 2); the primary purpose for 4.1xx is to enable the new MSP licensing model.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• They have not released an up2date package to take one from 4.002 to 4.1xx yet... my understanding is that they will eventually.  For folks that are not resellers / MSPs, there's not a whole lot new in 4.1xx (some cosmetics, a minor bugfix or 2); the primary purpose for 4.1xx is to enable the new MSP licensing model.

And as I said, today, looks like the 4.102 up2dates are being pushed out, just saw it on one of my Lab boxes [:)]

Sophos Platinum Partner

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

And as I said, today, looks like the 4.102 up2dates are being pushed out, just saw it on one of my Lab boxes [:)]

Sophos Platinum Partner

Children
No Data