This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC does not properly recognize upgraded gateways

I upgraded two software Astaro Security Gateways (ASGs) from v8.306 ASGs to  v9.000 UTMs. Before beginning each upgrade, I downloaded and saved the configuration file for each ASG. After each UTM 9.000 install, I restored each saved configurations to its respective gateway. No hardware was changed.

I had managed each gateway using my software Astaro Command Center (ACC) v3. I expected each UTM 9.000 would replace its respective ASG in the ACC lists; however, my ACC lists the original ASGs AND the new UTMs. The ACC obviously does not 'understand' the UTM devices replaced the ASG devices.

Listed ACC metadata for the original ASGs are still correct (eg, name, city, GPS coordinates for World Map); but, the ACC has only default data for the UTMs. Worse, ACC-deployed definitions (eg, Networks, Services, firewall rules) do not link to the newer UTMs. 

How can I reconcile the ACC and the upgraded devices? 
Obviously, I want to avoid re-deploying definitions one-by-one.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Rob, are you sure that the ACC is supposed to work with V9?  I thought the UTM Manager 4, currently in public beta, was required.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Rob, are you sure that the ACC is supposed to work with V9?  I thought the UTM Manager 4, currently in public beta, was required.

Cheers - Bob

Belatedly confirming your point, Bob. I'm now using SUM 4, which provides functionality to merge two SUM UTM listings into a single listing. 

Hakan... I had done 'clean' installs of UTM v9 on the gateways; but, I was still using ACC v3 at time of my original post.

THANKS!
    Rob

Cheers - Bob

Belatedly confirming your point, Bob. I'm now using SUM 4, which provides functionality to merge two SUM UTM listings into a single listing. 

Hakan... I had done 'clean' installs of UTM v9 on the gateways; but, I was still using ACC v3 at time of my original post.

THANKS!
    Rob
Children
No Data