This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

installing acc v3 on a Ms virtual pc

Hi all,

a few questions

1) what are the min system reqirements in terms of hdd space and ram to dedicate to this vm

2) specific to ms virtual pc what network settings should i use to allow be able to reach this vm box from my pc (host computer ) and obvoulsy get to the out side world

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • thanks for the info Ian!

right now i have 2 but #3 might be on its way

(i mostly want something outside to monitor if the network connection to both sites is up)

the options for MS VM PC network are

1) the card itself
    2)shared networking(nat)
    3) internal networking
    4) no networking (obviously not)
  • Hi,
    l am not sure about which connection type to use?

If you want to use the ACC on your PC, the PC will have to be on 24hrs a day.

Rather than an ACC you could enable network monitoring of links and receive e-mails when the link is restored, which is what you will see  using an ACC. You wil need to login to the ACC to see the status.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi,
    l am not sure about which connection type to use?

If you want to use the ACC on your PC, the PC will have to be on 24hrs a day.

Rather than an ACC you could enable network monitoring of links and receive e-mails when the link is restored, which is what you will see  using an ACC. You wil need to login to the ACC to see the status.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children
No Data