This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with updating License Status!

ACC Version 2.100, All client ASGs are 7.502:

I recently updated the license on several of my customers' ASG units (4 ASG 110 Units, one custom appliance running a 100 User License with Web Security).  The license was kept in "Classic" mode (I did not upgrade them to the New licensing model due to issues with Web Security and the New License Model that are to be fixed by 7.503--and it seems 7.503 has issues, so I'll hold off on that).  When I applied the new licenses, invariable all of the units eventually restarted their ACC Device Agent due it appearing to be non-responsive (INFO-136).  I think I remember that happening before in the past, so no big deal... what is strange is now that 2 out of the 5 (one an ASG110 with no special subscriptions other than Platinum Maintenance, the other the 100 User LIcense with a Web Security subscription we added, plus a Platinum maintenance renewal) show a "Yellow" license status... the reason denoted is that their "StandardSupport" has expired... yet these units have PlatinumMaintenance enabled (it's what we renewed).  See the attached screenshot.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Bruce,

sorry for the confusion, I guess the information the tech conveyed was/is misleading.

To clarify:

[LIST=1]
    • The initial licenses you received for your customer contained an incorrect subscription part for StandardSupport which only applies to the new license model. It is invalid/unused for classic licenses. Alas, the subscription was in the license and had an expiry date of 1970 ...
    • ACC does NOT(!) interpret any subscriptions and does not differentiate between classic or new license model. It analyzes each subscription contained in the license regarding its expiration - nothing more. Of course, it depends on the correctness of the issued license.
    • The only part where the license could be reinterpreted is the Confd on the respective ASG. This happens for very old our deprecated subscriptions. In that case ACC receives adjusted information from the device to display. This did not happen for the two licenses you received, the erroneous/expired StandardSupport subscription made it through unmodified.
    [/LIST]
    Regards,
    Henning
  • Good morning,

same issue. Update from old to new license on asg220. Old LicenseOptions are still written in the license file with timed out and also shown in the acc.

Will there automatic rewrite on the my.astaro system in feature?
  • Hi,

the upcoming ACC V2.2 will change the display of outdated/expired license subscriptions. Those will still be shown, but will loose impact on alert level calculation over time.

If you want to get rid off the erroneous subscriptions altogether, you will need to contact Support so they will properly recreate the license. As far as I know, new licenses generated in MyAstaro will no longer have that problem, but you still need your old license get fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hi,

the upcoming ACC V2.2 will change the display of outdated/expired license subscriptions. Those will still be shown, but will loose impact on alert level calculation over time.

If you want to get rid off the erroneous subscriptions altogether, you will need to contact Support so they will properly recreate the license. As far as I know, new licenses generated in MyAstaro will no longer have that problem, but you still need your old license get fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Henning
Children