This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Release Anytime Soon

With some of the bugs with v2.0 can we expect a release soon?

Thanks
RR

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • megaposer: Is an expected feature the sync. of different types of objects (hosts, services, user, time events, etc.) between different AxG connected to the same ACC?

I ask this because there is no actual information about the status of any of the requests located in the ACC Feature Request System.
    [URL="http://feature.astaro.com/pages/17782-astaro-command-center-feature-requests"]
     feature.astaro.com/.../URL]
  • Hi guys,

thanks for pointing out these issues and for your clarifications. Hope I can shed some light on it:

[LIST=1]
    • Smaller (Bugfix) Releases instead of "huge jumps"

• generally we would prefer to deliver smaller packages as well, some features require big efforts and groundwork though
      • we wanted to push ACC forward and move it towards new and additional directions, hence putting at least two bigger features together
      • each small bugfix release further delays the actual release of the next big thing, so it is always a tradeoff and a single fix, even for Firefox 3.5, would incur a high-overhead Up2Date

• Feature Request forum and status update

• trouble for us in development is, that most feature requests try to combine too many wishes at once, e.g. combining central management of every possible aspect, like NAT, Packet-Filters, HTTP Profiles, Network Definitions, ...
      • although, most of these things require a common base functionality, they also have different complexities and we cannot do them all at once (as you have pointed out, it's already been 6 months since the last release)
      • hence, giving feedback to the status of complex requests in the feature forum is more or less questionable

[/LIST]
      I will try to address the issue of missing feedback and required segregation of feature requests.

Regarding your direct questions:

• Firefox 3.5 will be supported in the next ACC release and I agree, it should have been supported earlier, but we will need to base the next ACC on AxG 7.50x which has become available only recently
      • around the corner means about 1-2 week(s) until Beta release and depending on its outcome a final release before end of year
      • yes, one of the features will be deployment and synchronization of objects to many AxG devices - for now we will support network and service objects - cannot say anything more, this is enough of a spoiler [:D]

Thanks and regards,
      Henning
    • Hi guys,

thanks for pointing out these issues and for your clarifications. Hope I can shed some light on it:

[LIST=1]
      • Smaller (Bugfix) Releases instead of "huge jumps"

• generally we would prefer to deliver smaller packages as well, some features require big efforts and groundwork though
        • we wanted to push ACC forward and move it towards new and additional directions, hence putting at least two bigger features together
        • each small bugfix release further delays the actual release of the next big thing, so it is always a tradeoff and a single fix, even for Firefox 3.5, would incur a high-overhead Up2Date

• Feature Request forum and status update

• trouble for us in development is, that most feature requests try to combine too many wishes at once, e.g. combining central management of every possible aspect, like NAT, Packet-Filters, HTTP Profiles, Network Definitions, ...
        • although, most of these things require a common base functionality, they also have different complexities and we cannot do them all at once (as you have pointed out, it's already been 6 months since the last release)
        • hence, giving feedback to the status of complex requests in the feature forum is more or less questionable

[/LIST]
        I will try to address the issue of missing feedback and required segregation of feature requests.

Regarding your direct questions:

• Firefox 3.5 will be supported in the next ACC release and I agree, it should have been supported earlier, but we will need to base the next ACC on AxG 7.50x which has become available only recently
        • around the corner means about 1-2 week(s) until Beta release and depending on its outcome a final release before end of year
        • yes, one of the features will be deployment and synchronization of objects to many AxG devices - for now we will support network and service objects - cannot say anything more, this is enough of a spoiler [:D]

Thanks and regards,
        Henning
      Children
      No Data