This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Release Anytime Soon

With some of the bugs with v2.0 can we expect a release soon?

Thanks
RR

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

yes, we are working on a release which will primarily deliver new features.

Nevertheless, we would be interested to know what bugs in ACC V2 you are referring to?

Thanks,
    Henning
  • 6 months ''ohne'' updates. That's a lot of time, Megaposer. We want MORE!!! [:D]
  • Hi,

if there aren't enough bugs to warrant a bugfix Up2Date, we won't issue one [:P]

As for a feature release - please be patient, there is something already lurking around the corner.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Hi,

yes, we are working on a release which will primarily deliver new features.

Nevertheless, we would be interested to know what bugs in ACC V2 you are referring to?

Thanks,
    Henning

The bug that it doesnt work correctly with Firefox 3.5.  There are posts in this forum about it.  It was a bug in ASG 7.4xx too.  

I would agree with suzzyx on the time frame with ACC.  I would rather smaller releases addressing these issues instead of huge jumps.

So you say "around the corner". Is that 3days, 3weeks, or 3months?

Thanks,
    RR
  • megaposer: Is an expected feature the sync. of different types of objects (hosts, services, user, time events, etc.) between different AxG connected to the same ACC?

I ask this because there is no actual information about the status of any of the requests located in the ACC Feature Request System.
    [URL="http://feature.astaro.com/pages/17782-astaro-command-center-feature-requests"]
     feature.astaro.com/.../URL]
  • Hi guys,

thanks for pointing out these issues and for your clarifications. Hope I can shed some light on it:

[LIST=1]
    • Smaller (Bugfix) Releases instead of "huge jumps"

• generally we would prefer to deliver smaller packages as well, some features require big efforts and groundwork though
      • we wanted to push ACC forward and move it towards new and additional directions, hence putting at least two bigger features together
      • each small bugfix release further delays the actual release of the next big thing, so it is always a tradeoff and a single fix, even for Firefox 3.5, would incur a high-overhead Up2Date

• Feature Request forum and status update

• trouble for us in development is, that most feature requests try to combine too many wishes at once, e.g. combining central management of every possible aspect, like NAT, Packet-Filters, HTTP Profiles, Network Definitions, ...
      • although, most of these things require a common base functionality, they also have different complexities and we cannot do them all at once (as you have pointed out, it's already been 6 months since the last release)
      • hence, giving feedback to the status of complex requests in the feature forum is more or less questionable

[/LIST]
      I will try to address the issue of missing feedback and required segregation of feature requests.

Regarding your direct questions:

• Firefox 3.5 will be supported in the next ACC release and I agree, it should have been supported earlier, but we will need to base the next ACC on AxG 7.50x which has become available only recently
      • around the corner means about 1-2 week(s) until Beta release and depending on its outcome a final release before end of year
      • yes, one of the features will be deployment and synchronization of objects to many AxG devices - for now we will support network and service objects - cannot say anything more, this is enough of a spoiler [:D]

Thanks and regards,
      Henning
    • yes, one of the features will be deployment and synchronization of objects to many AxG devices - for now we will support network and service objects - cannot say anything more, this is enough of a spoiler

That's sounds really fantastic!!!