This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VMWare 2.0 Image for 1.901?

I noticed 1.901 has been released today, and the release notes on up2date.astaro.com says "The new VMWare image will follow shortly!" -- would it be possible for you guys (Astaro) to, while you're building the VMWare Server 1.x, ESX, etc. images to build a VMWare 2.0 image as well (basically updating the VMWare 1.x image to Hardware Version 7 in VMWare, and installing updated VMWare Tools package)?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I noticed 1.901 has been released today, and the release notes on up2date.astaro.com says "The new VMWare image will follow shortly!" -- would it be possible for you guys (Astaro) to, while you're building the VMWare Server 1.x, ESX, etc. images to build a VMWare 2.0 image as well (basically updating the VMWare 1.x image to Hardware Version 7 in VMWare, and installing updated VMWare Tools package)?

Just wonder where you Hardware Version 7 comes from.
    Past days i installed ACC from normal ISO on actual Vmware Virtual Center.
    My Hardware version is 4 [:O]

Gregor Kemter
  • Hi Bruce,

as posted in your previous thread regarding Vmware 2.0 images, there is no plan to deliver Vmware 2.0 images at the moment. As a workaround you can install a normal ISO in your Vmware 2.0 server by just using the Suse Enterprise Linux type (think we specified this in yet another thread).

As promised, I will keep you posted, but there is no new information yet.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • The problem is one can't update the VMWare Tools to the new version... the tools that come with VMWare Server 2.0 are newer / different than the VMWare Server 1.x tools -- When I convert Windows and other Linux VMs to VMWare Server 2.0 I have to install the updated tools.

It shouldn't be hard to do...

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Didn't notice the post with the screenshot... maybe I'm wrong about the "hardware version"... but I did notice that when I converted those old images that I was prompted to update the VMWare Tools.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• @BrucekConvergent
    do you really need vmtools on ACC ?

I have installed fresh ACC from normal Iso on ESX 3.5. If i press the red button in ESX, the Acc make a clean shutdown. thats all what i need.

Vmware 1.0x and 2.x are nice for playing around, but it makes no sense using 2.0 if u can use ESX3i. And if u are a dealer, u can register as a partner and ask for NFR License for Virtual Center. 

Gregor Kemter
  • @BrucekConvergent
    do you really need vmtools on ACC ?

I have installed fresh ACC from normal Iso on ESX 3.5. If i press the red button in ESX, the Acc make a clean shutdown. thats all what i need.

Vmware 1.0x and 2.x are nice for playing around, but it makes no sense using 2.0 if u can use ESX3i. And if u are a dealer, u can register as a partner and ask for NFR License for Virtual Center. 

Gregor Kemter
Children
No Data