This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Device appears 2 times after HA takeover

I'm testing the ACC since a few days, i monitor 6 devices. 2 of them are ha configurations. i just realized, that after a ha takeover the device appears a second time in the acc. the old entry is shown as offline.

is this a known problem?

regards, mario

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It's a known problem and an enhancement to ACC is planned. It's not going to be part of the next up2date, though, that much we know. ACC currently has no concept of HA, and simply views the devices as two separate entities.

As a workaround, you might want to give the two devices the same entry in one of the custom fields (Registration -> Device Edit). They can then be grouped together in the appropriate treeview on the lower left side, helping you to see at a glance whether something is wrong (i.e. when both devices show errors). After the master regains control, the slave should be shown as offline and the master as online, so only one of them should be in an error state.
  • It's a known problem and an enhancement to ACC is planned. It's not going to be part of the next up2date, though, that much we know. ACC currently has no concept of HA, and simply views the devices as two separate entities.

As a workaround, you might want to give the two devices the same entry in one of the custom fields (Registration -> Device Edit). They can then be grouped together in the appropriate treeview on the lower left side, helping you to see at a glance whether something is wrong (i.e. when both devices show errors). After the master regains control, the slave should be shown as offline and the master as online, so only one of them should be in an error state.
Children