This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bridge RED interface to VLAN interface

Hi there

We use an UTM SG120 @9.355 and a RED15.

One of the ethernet ports ist configured as a trunk port with various VLANs.

Is it possible, one of these existing VLANs bridge to the RED?

Concrete: VLAN 500 @eth3 with subnet 172.16.10.1/24 should be bridged through the RED to the remote location. The use case is the following: We have some control unit devices behind a VLAN switch, connected and routed by the SG120. At the RED-connected remote location, there are sensor units which should be in the same IP-subnet as the other control unit devices.

In a separate Subnet and routed by the firewall it works fine, but i could not bridge the RED interface to the VLAN eth3 interface.

Is there a community solution?

Cheers

HSP

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

You can bridge the virtual RED interface with an Ethernet interface but the UTM will only let you bridge an unused interface hence, you need to delete the present LAN interface and then bridge it with the virtual RED interface. Last but not the least, you need RED 50 to support VLAN tags.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi,

You can bridge the virtual RED interface with an Ethernet interface but the UTM will only let you bridge an unused interface hence, you need to delete the present LAN interface and then bridge it with the virtual RED interface. Last but not the least, you need RED 50 to support VLAN tags.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children