This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SELF: RED client can only be run in master mode

trying to get a RED 10 connected to our ASG 320.  Have the RED device setup in the UTM 9 with the correct RED ID.  The lights on the front get to the point where the tunnel light is flashing then it cycles through again after throwing this message:

2013:01:11-12:09:57 fw-1 red_server[13209]: SELF: (Re-)loading device configurations
2013:01:11-12:09:58 fw-2 red_server[7875]: SELF: (Re-)loading device configurations
2013:01:11-12:09:58 fw-2 red_server[7875]: SELF: RED client can only be run in master mode 

any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi cgall,

Did you get to the bottom of this issue?  I seem to have the same issue with one of our systems.   Also a unit fresh out the box with 9.004.  Got a case open with Sophos UTM.  Will update you.

BTW BAlfson the download link (astarosupport.org) does not work for me in the UK.

UPDATE SOLVED: turned out that the "UTM hostname" did not resolve to the external IP address of the firewall.   Change it to an actual external IP address and the RED box just came up.  This is in the RED box config.   Schoolboy error.  Perhaps if it read "UTM External IP/hostname" instead of just UTM hostname.  

BR  Adrien.
  • Hi cgall,

Did you get to the bottom of this issue?  I seem to have the same issue with one of our systems.   Also a unit fresh out the box with 9.004.  Got a case open with Sophos UTM.  Will update you.

BTW BAlfson the download link (astarosupport.org) does not work for me in the UK.

UPDATE SOLVED: turned out that the "UTM hostname" did not resolve to the external IP address of the firewall.   Change it to an actual external IP address and the RED box just came up.  This is in the RED box config.   Schoolboy error.  Perhaps if it read "UTM External IP/hostname" instead of just UTM hostname.  

BR  Adrien.
Children