This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SD-RED 20 3G/4G module can not used as WAN interface

I bought  SD-RED 20 appliance with 3G/4G module.

I tried to use 3G/4G module as Wan interface but itsn't work. Appliance RED reboot indefinitely. If integrated RJ45 WAN interface  is connected the appliance will be connected.

Someone can help me ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Sophos tells me that the 3G / 4G module is only intended for failover. Not for the first WAN access/connect.
    But I had a similar problem ... 4G failed to connect for failover and when I pull RJ45 I also saw the reboot loop.
    I'm trying different SIM cards. The last one I have to load with data first and one day later I have the backup connectivity.
    With the other 3 cards I am unable to build the connection.
    The support call was not really useful.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Dirkkotte, Sophos said the 3/4G module is only for failover?  I can understand needing to connect it to cable for the initial programming of the APN but after it can talk to the UTM it should be usable just like an ethernet cable, right?  Right now I can not get my RED60 to connect using VZW even though it says it is supported.

• Dirkkotte, Sophos said the 3/4G module is only for failover?  I can understand needing to connect it to cable for the initial programming of the APN but after it can talk to the UTM it should be usable just like an ethernet cable, right?  Right now I can not get my RED60 to connect using VZW even though it says it is supported.

Children
No Data