Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Crashplan is blocked

I am trying to use crashplan web restore, but astaro is blocking it. When I look at the firewall log, it says that packets are being dropped with the source ip my computer behind the router (192.168.2.107) and the destination ip port 4285 of the ip address for central.crashplan.com. The firewall log says that "fwrule = 60002." is blocking it.

I have tried to use firewall rules and DNAT rules for this port, but to no avail.

What should I do?

UncleAeflrich
Los Angeles, CA

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • 1) In UTM add a DNS Group entry for central.crashplan.com (should return 11 ip).

2) In CrashPlan open the Destinations section and the "cloud" tab, click crashplan central and look at the value in "Internet Address" .. note this down.

3) In UTM Create a DNS Host with the name you noted in the step before. (You dont need the port part ":443"). - If the value was an IP Address create a host entry instead.

4) IN the UTM now create a group Network Group and drop the previously created entries into it.

5) In Web Filtering -> Filtering Options -> Misc Tab, drop the new group you created into the Skip transparent mode destination hosts/nets and save.

Should now be working.

One thing to note however, Crashplan assigns a unique GID to each machine and the location found in step 2 can be different for each machine. (Once assigned it doesnt change) so if you use multiple machines to your central cloud then you may well have different IP addresses. (Crashplan uses a distributed datacentre environment).

If this is the case just add that extra address as another host in the group and it will maintain that way.

Hope this helps
  • This worked for me, thanks so much!

1) In UTM add a DNS Group entry for central.crashplan.com (should return 11 ip).

2) In CrashPlan open the Destinations section and the "cloud" tab, click crashplan central and look at the value in "Internet Address" .. note this down.

3) In UTM Create a DNS Host with the name you noted in the step before. (You dont need the port part ":443"). - If the value was an IP Address create a host entry instead.

4) IN the UTM now create a group Network Group and drop the previously created entries into it.

5) In Web Filtering -> Filtering Options -> Misc Tab, drop the new group you created into the Skip transparent mode destination hosts/nets and save.

Should now be working.

One thing to note however, Crashplan assigns a unique GID to each machine and the location found in step 2 can be different for each machine. (Once assigned it doesnt change) so if you use multiple machines to your central cloud then you may well have different IP addresses. (Crashplan uses a distributed datacentre environment).

If this is the case just add that extra address as another host in the group and it will maintain that way.

Hope this helps
  • This worked for me, thanks so much!

1) In UTM add a DNS Group entry for central.crashplan.com (should return 11 ip).

Should now be working.

Hope this helps
Children
No Data