This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GeoIP lookup on UTM

Hello Community,

We want to send emails to a domain that is prohibited in Country Blocking. I have made an exception for the country, but the connection is still blocked. How can I find out on the UTM to which country the IP address is assigned?

Thanks,

Ben

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Ben,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community!

Try running the following command from the shell of the UTM.

# geoiplookup x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x = IP)

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hallo Ben,

I don't recommend blocking "All" in Country Blocking.  You might consider changing to "From" instead.

You don't say whether you're using the SMTP Proxy.  If so, check the SMTP log.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi Ben, 

You could configure country blocking exceptions for the domain and add required email services. Configure the exception as per the highlighted entries in the following table. 

Interface/remote host Requests Host/network Countries
    Local interface Coming from Enter a local interface address Choose countries to skip
    Local interface Going to Enter a local interface address Choose countries to skip
    Remote host (internal network) Coming from Enter an internal host/network Choose countries to skip
    Remote host (external network) Coming from Enter an external host Do not choose countries
    Remote host (internal network) Going to Enter an internal host/network Choose countries to skip
    Remote host (external network) Going to Enter an external host Do not choose countries

You could find more information by navigating to Network Protection > Firewall > Country Blocking Exceptions and the click on the "?" on the top right of the page. 

Thanks,