This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

new 220-utm rev5 - how to get hardware and software specifications

Dear all,

I'm a complete newbie in firewalls et al., but I happen to have 2 identical sophos 220-utm rev5 firewalls, and I would like to find what hardware specifications they have. So could you please tell me how to:

1. get to BIOS? (to find out the cpus/RAMs installed)

2. to determine what software is installed (and what versions) - I only know that the hard-drives from each unit were removed, and the units were reset to factory configs/defaults.

I think, most probably more information will be needed to be added to make things clear, please do not hesitate to ask for them:)

I thank you for your time and support!

R

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Looks like it.

You should be able to plug a VGA cable to display on a monitor and a keyboard to perform tasks. That should work.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Thank you Jaydeep!

I apologize my questions are not very objective: Do you happen to know what key should I press in order to get into BIOS? Some manufactures prefer DEL key, others F9, etc. (the things are displayed to fast and I don't see any message; besides this I have an old USB keyboard which I don't know how much time it needs to become fully operational)

Thank you very much for all your time and support!

Radu

• Salut Radu and welcome to the UTM Community!

Plug in the keyboard and the monitor before you power on one of the units.  Do you see a login prompt on the screen?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you Bob!

I've managed to get to the login prompt... do you happen to know what is the default (factory) username and password (it's nice to be root, but I don't want to mess all the hardware and installed software packages, so ... it there any other user available?)

Thank you!

R

• Hi  

If you are able to SSH or console into the device and asked login credentials, then you should try as root user. However, you will need to reset the password for that using this KBA Sophos UTM: How to recover access in the event of password loss

If you are able to log into the WebAdmin, please try the default admin username and password admin and if that does not work, use the above mentioned article to reset that password.

Regards

Jaydeep