This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9 - ipv6 NAT with proxy POP3 enabled

Hi,

after having setup succesfully ipv6 behind the UTM9, I face a problem with POP3 when proxy mode is enabled. I have my own server in DC running Dovecot, desktop client behind UTM has his own ipv6 and is running Thunderbird.

When I want to fetch mails, Thunderbird tells "Fetching message 1 of x" and after a while finish in timeout. On the server, netstat -tapen|grep 110 show that the ipv6 address which is fetching mails is the one of external ipv6 interace, which means NAT is done ! If I disable proxy POP3, all is good.

Does this behavior seems normal to you?

Daniel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut Daniel,

Why are you using NAT with IPv6?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I don't use NAT with IPv6, UTM decide to do NAT when proxy POP3 is enabled !

Thanks for your support.

Daniel

• Right, Daniel - I have to laugh at myself sometimes!

It does feel like a bug instead of a configuration issue.  Do you have a paid license so that you can ask Sophos Support about this?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Well I have some but this occurs on a home edition. As they run the same software I think I could have Support. But how to contact them without using the reseller ? I already tried with another bug I discover

community.sophos.com/.../upgrade-to-utm-9-601-5-firmware-doesn-t-start-fw-nat-rules-on-boot

and they gently announce (in German, no problem for me) for the ticket #8682386

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

bitte haben Sie Verständnis, dass der Sophos UTM Support ein reiner Partner-Support (Gold und Platinum Solution) sowie 2nd Level Support ist und somit kostenpflichtig. Standard-Support Kunden und Silver-Partner kontaktieren bitte Ihren zuständigen Sophos-Partner/Distributor.

Dieser wird Ihnen bei der Lösung der Problemstellung behilflich sein.

Sollten Sie einen Premium Support Vertrag abgeschlossen haben, können Sie mit Ihrer Lizenz ID ein Voice Mail Ticket über die Telefonnummer +49721 25516 307 eröffnen oder über https://sophserv.sophos.com 

If you hav an idea on how to open a ticket w/o beiing closed immediately ...

Thanks for your support

Daniel

• Well I have some but this occurs on a home edition. As they run the same software I think I could have Support. But how to contact them without using the reseller ? I already tried with another bug I discover

community.sophos.com/.../upgrade-to-utm-9-601-5-firmware-doesn-t-start-fw-nat-rules-on-boot

and they gently announce (in German, no problem for me) for the ticket #8682386

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

bitte haben Sie Verständnis, dass der Sophos UTM Support ein reiner Partner-Support (Gold und Platinum Solution) sowie 2nd Level Support ist und somit kostenpflichtig. Standard-Support Kunden und Silver-Partner kontaktieren bitte Ihren zuständigen Sophos-Partner/Distributor.

Dieser wird Ihnen bei der Lösung der Problemstellung behilflich sein.

Sollten Sie einen Premium Support Vertrag abgeschlossen haben, können Sie mit Ihrer Lizenz ID ein Voice Mail Ticket über die Telefonnummer +49721 25516 307 eröffnen oder über https://sophserv.sophos.com 

If you hav an idea on how to open a ticket w/o beiing closed immediately ...

Thanks for your support

Daniel

Children