This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

dose it possible to use a dedicated line for (GSSMO and SMTP) Upload only?

Hello

I'm using Sophos UTM SG210 with Two ADSL Lines (Slow Uploads) , that make sending emails take very long time,

and i  plan to add a 3rd 4G line  (very fast Upload, but Limit Quota),

the two ADSL Line interface work in Load balancing, 

are it possible to use this 4G line for (GSSMO and SMTP) upload only, i don't want any thing else to use from this line Quota,

and keep the other lines work, and backup this 4G line if fail.

if it possible please help with the right way to setup this,

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed Fawzi

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • what

ltf. Persistence - Bind to Interface 

mean?

if i select 'by interface', i just got a select menu to select another interface.

are that what you mean?

• Yes, sorry, tried this out of my head. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• but my 3rd interface doesn't show there, i just got the other ADSL Line.

dose i have to add the line to uplink balance to see it there?

and if yes, how to be sure that line will be used for SMTP only not for any other traffic,

its 4G line and will be finished so fast if browsing or POP3 use it.

• Ok lets start from the beginning.

Multipath is only available for Uplink Interfaces. So basically you put all your "WAN" Interfaces in the Uplink balancing. 

if you do not configure any Multipath rule, UTM will load balance everything depending on the little wrench. 

You can influence this with Multipath, because multipath rules will "overwrite" the load balancing.

So you will most likely put your unwanted Interface on 0 in the scheduler and create the Multipath Rule like explained. 

This will bind the Traffic SMTP no matter what to the Interface. 

Now every SMTP connection outgoing should use the Interface selected above and only this interface. You should not see any traffic except SMTP on this interface. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• that what i do on my side

added the interface to uplink balance, then change ITS wight to 0 to avoid 'uplink balance' to use this interface,

then edit the rule as below,

and in the last check for the dashboard i see the SMTP traffic still use WAN interface#1 :(

• Perform a tcpdump on the Shell and verify there. 

And do you have other multipath rules? 

• Hi,

Thank you for keep trying to help on this,

I will try to run that command when back to work after about 10 hours from now,

And there is no active multipath rule, I 'm sure every rule there is disabled else for SMTP to 3rd interface.

Thanks

Ahmed Fawzi

• Hi

i tried to run this command 'tcpdump' though SSH by putty tool,

but i got an error '-bash: tcpdump: command not found',

so i think the command need more parameters (which i don't know).

so can you please tell me what to test there,

Thanks

Ahmed Fawzi

• Were you logged in as root?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA