This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battle.net confusion!

I know this has been asked before, but I could never find an definite answer and I am trying to work out how it actually works. 

Trying to get the Blizzard Battle.net app to work correctly through my Sophos UTM9 SG135w appliance and for the life of my I cant make it work. Even with a device that has an "any" under Firewall and skip transparent mode for web filtering. I can "login" to the desktop app, but I cant access the chat function or install any games. 

I would like to setup the UTM so I can only access the needed ports from my laptop (with a static IP), I have created my device as a network definition and set ports 1119:1120, 3724, 4000, 6112:6114, 6881:6999, 8086:8087, 9081, 9090, 9097 and 9100 up as a service group. But I am not sure what to allow to tie everything together. 

I tried creating a DNAT rule for the ports to my laptop, but it errors when trying to use the group. 

Does anyone have proper instructions on how to allow single ports and/or a group of ports for one single device? never figured out the theory in how this works. 

Cheers...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Do you want to setup DNAT rule or just allow your labtop to connect to the outside server? DNAT rule is required if your labtop is the host or server of the game

• Hi, the first one. 

I want to be able to fully use the battle.net app and be able to install and play the games having just setup rules to allow only my laptop to access it. 

If I create a outbound firewall rule to allow my laptop, any server on any IPv4 it works fine, but want to allow that but with only the specific ports rather than it being completely open like that. 

I never did get my head around the whole inbound and outbound rules and which were needed. I always thought that you need inbound rules and not outbound ones. 

• I will suggest to allow any port reaching Blizzard Battle.net server, rather than all this ports 

• Yeh that's what I want to do, so do I just need to create a service group for those ports and then set my existing "any" rule to just that service group? 

I didnt realise it that was simple. 

Reply Children