This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.5 HotSpot doesn't come up, but an email (daily password) gets sent out

Hello Community,

acutally I have got a problem with the hotspot function. I created a HotSpot and configured it, as interface i chose an automatically created guest wlan.

Also i created a Masquerading for the guest wlan ----> external WAN.

For the password, I have chosen the daily password which get's send to me by email. I do not see the Hotspot on my mobile phone but I receive the password for the HotSpot.

Maybe I did something wrong, but normally a signal, that should be able to be seen by mobile phones, should be sent out, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Marcel,

Please show a picture of the Edit of the Wireless Network with the 'Advanced' section open.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:

Hi Marcel,

Please show a picture of the Edit of the Wireless Network with the 'Advanced' section open.

Cheers - Bob

Hi Bob,

firstly, thanks for the fast reply.

I attached a screen of the interface you wanted to see and a screen of the mobile HotSpot. Do I have to connect these to get the HotSpot signal sent out? I've been wondering, because I have seen a video by sophos about how to create a HotSpot, but in the video there was just a HotSpot created and nothing else. This doesn't work for me. If you've got an advice for me, then please feel free to answer.

Cheers - Marcel

• Do you configure DHCP within the WLAN?

Check ip and default gateway. Without correct IP the portal can't load.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• dirkkotte said:

Do you configure DHCP within the WLAN?

Check ip and default gateway. Without correct IP the portal can't load.

Hi dirkkotte,

there is an automatically created and configured DHCP-server for the interface of the WLAN.

• I bet you could disable the Hotspot and that you still wouldn't see the SSID.  I can't remember hearing about a problem like this.  I would be tempted to delete the Hotspot, Interface and Wireless Network and recreate them from scratch.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I did what you would have tried, but nothing changed still can't see the HotSpot SSID. Could it be that the HotSpot Interface got to have an hardware ethernet port assigned?

I've been using an wlan0 port for this, was it wrong maybe?

Anyway thanks in advance for all the replies.

• Everything looks correct Marcel, so I would get Sophos Support involved.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

thanks for the reply, I will do so.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers - Marcel

Reply Children