This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.5 HotSpot doesn't come up, but an email (daily password) gets sent out

Hello Community,

acutally I have got a problem with the hotspot function. I created a HotSpot and configured it, as interface i chose an automatically created guest wlan.

Also i created a Masquerading for the guest wlan ----> external WAN.

For the password, I have chosen the daily password which get's send to me by email. I do not see the Hotspot on my mobile phone but I receive the password for the HotSpot.

Maybe I did something wrong, but normally a signal, that should be able to be seen by mobile phones, should be sent out, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Marcel,

Please show a picture of the Edit of the Wireless Network with the 'Advanced' section open.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:

Hi Marcel,

Please show a picture of the Edit of the Wireless Network with the 'Advanced' section open.

Cheers - Bob

Hi Bob,

firstly, thanks for the fast reply.

I attached a screen of the interface you wanted to see and a screen of the mobile HotSpot. Do I have to connect these to get the HotSpot signal sent out? I've been wondering, because I have seen a video by sophos about how to create a HotSpot, but in the video there was just a HotSpot created and nothing else. This doesn't work for me. If you've got an advice for me, then please feel free to answer.

Cheers - Marcel

• Do you configure DHCP within the WLAN?

Check ip and default gateway. Without correct IP the portal can't load.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• dirkkotte said:

Do you configure DHCP within the WLAN?

Check ip and default gateway. Without correct IP the portal can't load.

Hi dirkkotte,

there is an automatically created and configured DHCP-server for the interface of the WLAN.

• I bet you could disable the Hotspot and that you still wouldn't see the SSID.  I can't remember hearing about a problem like this.  I would be tempted to delete the Hotspot, Interface and Wireless Network and recreate them from scratch.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I bet you could disable the Hotspot and that you still wouldn't see the SSID.  I can't remember hearing about a problem like this.  I would be tempted to delete the Hotspot, Interface and Wireless Network and recreate them from scratch.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children