This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multiple WINS Servers

Is there a way to define multiple WINS servers in the DHCP Server for Sophos UTM 9 ? 

The 'Advanced Options' section in the DHCP Server definition will only take one.

I have also tried adding option 44 in the Options tab (which should allow an IP address list), but it is only set up to take a single address.  I have also tried adding two option 44 entries, but only one of them is processed.

Cheers - Mark

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Mark,

That is correct. At this time, the DHCP Server configuration on the UTM only accommodates one WINS server in Advanced Configuration. You can submit a feature request if you'd like to see this option expanded in the future. 

For option 44, you can specify an Availability or Network Group, which allows you to specify multiple hosts/WINS servers.

Cheers,

Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Hi Mark,

That is correct. At this time, the DHCP Server configuration on the UTM only accommodates one WINS server in Advanced Configuration. You can submit a feature request if you'd like to see this option expanded in the future. 

For option 44, you can specify an Availability or Network Group, which allows you to specify multiple hosts/WINS servers.

Cheers,

Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
Children