Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Portal Login Fails for Allowed Users

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hello All,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I'm trying to setup the User Portal using the "Allow only specific users" option but I get the error "Invalid username/password, oraccess denied by policy" when I try to login.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I had originally set it up to use a Group call Portal Users and added myaccount to that group. I also tried just putting my user account directly intothe Allowed user’s box but that did not work either.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]If I use the "Allow all users" option instead...I can login and all is well. This seems to be fairly striaght forward but I most be missing something.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I running the latest ASG 8.201 version..if additional info is needed please let me know.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Could anyone point me in the right direction?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Thanks![/SIZE][/FONT]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There shouldn't be any problems with the VPNs.  Post a question in the VPN forum.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Today I had the same problem and the problem seems to be coming fro the fact the user got a message from the AD that his password would expire soon.

After the password on the AD was changed, the user could login again in the portal.

Not 100% sure the ' Your password will expire soon' was the cause, but perhaps this reply helps others with the same problem.

Hardware: ASG120 7.511
  • It looks like the Sophos UTM does NOT have a way to handle the following:

Password Expiration and required to be changed upon next logon.

Password set to "User must change password at next logon"

See the feature request: 
    Authentication: Change backend AD password in UserPortal

I've confirmed in my Sophos UTM 9.206-35 environment if the AD User password expires or if we are forcing them to reset their password upon next logon they are out of luck and receive the "Invalid username/password, or access denied by policy." message on the User Portal.
  • It looks like the Sophos UTM does NOT have a way to handle the following:

Password Expiration and required to be changed upon next logon.

Password set to "User must change password at next logon"

See the feature request: 
    Authentication: Change backend AD password in UserPortal

I've confirmed in my Sophos UTM 9.206-35 environment if the AD User password expires or if we are forcing them to reset their password upon next logon they are out of luck and receive the "Invalid username/password, or access denied by policy." message on the User Portal.
Children
No Data