This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Odd requests to a DoD website from an iPhone

I have a users iPhone trying to get to https://tasks.osi.apps.mil/ failrly frequently. A quick web search makes me beleive that this is somehting for the DoD's Microsoft 365. The requests are being blocked (Web requests), but the destination URL has me puzzled. Does anyone know why an iPhone would be trying to get to that URL over and over?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Cory,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community!

That URL seems to be for the O365 that points to a Gov agency. (As you might have found already). Why the iPhone is trying to go there, I am honestly not sure, but might be related to one of these new features for Exposure notifications.

The URL is categorized as Goverment/Military, so the URL is valid.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hey Cory,

Welcome back to the UTM Community!

This feels like another one of those Chinese or Russian hacks trying to gather intelligence on our military.  That user needs to do a security scan on that device and might benefit from taking the Federal Trade Commission's Phishing Quiz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA