This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Confused

I am trying to allow the CEO to access his personal email from outside the network. It is being blocked at the sophos UTP.

He has an imap service with a hosted provider.

We have simple smtp enabled.   

and   being forwarded to our exchange server which works great. We have mail spam and quarantine which works perfectly.

I have added the domain to the upstream host 

I have added an Snat entry that enables the ceo's pc (in reality all the pcs ) to send and recieve to this domain. 

I am not sure what i have setup wrong. I just need 3 pc's to be able to access this domain on port 143 and 587. What do i have configured wrong ?

Pulling my hair out here

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Are you saying that he wants his personal email added to his Microsoft Outlook profile?   This has nothing to do with Email Protection.  Remove everything that you have added

When you add the account, use the option for "Internet email", then type IMAP.

IMAP connection has two parts, IMAP is used for retrieval, SMTP is used for sending.   You need to get correct server names from the hosting service for both protocols.   You should insist on configuring with TLS security.  Secure IMAP uses port 993, and secure SMTP uses 465 or 587.

As long as you have the correct server names and ports, and the ports are not blocked at the firewall, you should be able to connect.

Note, however, that CEOs are the crime world's preferred victim, and UTM is unable to do any filtering of IMAP traffic.  In my experience, the spam filtering of most hosting services leaves much to be desired.  Make an assessment of what happens if he deploys ransomware from his personal email account.   Also ensure that your web filtering is optimized, as a partial defense against hostile email getting through this opening.

• Are you saying that he wants his personal email added to his Microsoft Outlook profile?   This has nothing to do with Email Protection.  Remove everything that you have added

When you add the account, use the option for "Internet email", then type IMAP.

IMAP connection has two parts, IMAP is used for retrieval, SMTP is used for sending.   You need to get correct server names from the hosting service for both protocols.   You should insist on configuring with TLS security.  Secure IMAP uses port 993, and secure SMTP uses 465 or 587.

As long as you have the correct server names and ports, and the ports are not blocked at the firewall, you should be able to connect.

Note, however, that CEOs are the crime world's preferred victim, and UTM is unable to do any filtering of IMAP traffic.  In my experience, the spam filtering of most hosting services leaves much to be desired.  Make an assessment of what happens if he deploys ransomware from his personal email account.   Also ensure that your web filtering is optimized, as a partial defense against hostile email getting through this opening.

Children