This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forward an undeliverable message on UTM SMTP Log

Dear Community,

Is it possible to forward or download any undeliverable message on SMTP Log ? 

Best Regards.

Sinan.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Sinan and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not sure what you're showing us.  Is this an email sent by something behind the SMTP Proxy that it couldn't deliver or???

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Sinan,

if it's marked as "delivered" on the right hand side, this mail is no longer in the system. So the answer is NO.

So green means "ok", mail has gone through. That text line in the mail subject "Undeliverable..." is somewhat misleading in this context.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hello Bob. The recipient is our microsoft tenant username  admin@xxx.onmicrosoft.com. I've logged on codetwo with that and buyed a licence. The email address does not exist but our supplier send email to this address and there is no way to re-send it.  

• Hallo Philip,

Actually the address does not exist and I had to get this email. Thank you for your answer.

Vielen Dank. Mit freundlichen Grüßen. 

• Some of the information might be in the SMTP log.

We still don't know if the address was one in your domain or an outside domain.  If the email was from an outside domain, I would change the configuration to reject emails to non-existant addresses in your domain.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Since this thread is in English, I'll move it to the Mail Protection forum.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA