This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I Bypass The Outbound SMTP Proxy For A Given Destination?

Hi All,

We have signed up for a trial of the Sophos hosted Email Gateway. We currently have an SG 135 (v9.703-3) with a 2016 Exchange server behind it. I'm testing with one of the domains we don't use (domainA.com). Right now, it looks like the UTM is capturing all of the outbound traffic and rerouting it based on the domain names MX record rather than letting it through to the Smart Host. I have 2 Send Connectors setup in Exchange - one for Exchangeto route all internet mail using MX records and one that routes all mail destined to domainB.com to the Sophos smart host for testing. According to the Exchange Transport logs, Exchange looks like it wants to route to the Smart Host correctly. But, I see the message in the SMTP proxy log on the SG get routed directly to the domainB.com mail server and not be sent to the Sophos Central Email Gateway. When I look at the logs on the Email Gateway there appears to be no activity.

The only thing I can think of doing is somehow bypassing the SMTP proxy for traffic destined to the Smart host. Does that sound like the way to go?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.