This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The eDirectory SSO server needs authentication server, not network objects

I am attempting to set up a new authentication server based on LDAP.  Both tests pass successfully.  When I go to save the config, I get the following error "The eDirectory SSO server needs authentication server, not network objects."  I am not using web protection at all and there are no SSO servers configured.  Any advice on clearing this?  Firmware version: 9.404-5

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Eric, And welcome to the UTM Community!

Interesting, I just googled site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f The eDirectory SSO server needs authentication server, not network objects." I found only one other such complaint, and it was alone in a thread with no responses.

When there are weird things like this, I try these things in order until I find one that alleviates the problem - good luck!

1. Reboot the UTM.
    2. Restore the backup made automatically just before the last sequence of Up2Date was installed.
    3. Restore a backup from well-before the problem started.  If that works, see how new you can get before the problem appears.
    4. Reload the firmware from ISO.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

Same issue here, but always if i edit anything on any Tab Authentication Services. For Example, i cannot enable networkblocking for SMTP proxy

Any idea? Firmware 9.605

I also cannot delete an old authentication server because "The Microsoft Active Directory server object 'InternMailserver' is required by the servers list."

greetings

• Hallo Thomas,

How does your configuration differ from Basic Exchange setup with SMTP Proxy?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Reply Children