This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Version 9.352-6 and 9.318-5 released (Do not install!!)

DO NOT INSTALL - THE UPDATES ARE FAULTY (Read this thread through!)

News

· Security Update
Remarks

· System will be rebooted
Bugfixes

36115 WebAdmin reflective XSS Vulnerability
36126 OpenSSL security update 1.0.1q

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Totally off topic but how well does that Zotac box work for Sophos UTM at home? TIA
  • Hi Sascha,

i opened an ticket (#5601008) for the customer UTM in myutm portal. Sophos Support answers me, that they list the issue under the bug tracking ID 36171.

I should be patient.
    If there any news for this Sophos support will inform me.

Can they fix this issues now, or not?

In earlier versions of the UTM exists an heavy security leak for the Webadmin interface (http://heise.de/-3044717).

It would be nice, if i can provide my customers an secure and fully running UTM OS and not an buggy, or an insecure UTM.

Cheers Andreas

UTM SCE/SCA | Endpoint SCE

• "You guys didn't even test webadmin???"... My thoughts exactly Billybob.

Sascha indicates he saw no problems with FRESH install. And this helps probably 99% of us how?

I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there, maybe QA an UPDATE install too. Ya think?

“Stay paranoid, my friends.”

• I recommend staying with the 9.31x branch unless you have a new RED 15 or AP 55 that requires the 9.35x branch.

I tested 9.318 to confirm the problems noted here. Up2Dating to 9.351 fixed the problems seen in 9.318, so that's the easiest solution if you've already done the 9.318 Up2Date.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi GetParanoid,

with fresh installations i get the same issues for the actual firmware....

Cheers Andreas

UTM SCE/SCA | Endpoint SCE

• Hi Ryan,

yes offTopic... but to answer your question i run that zotac box now for 3 months as my primary firewall at home with UTM 9 and it runs awesome.. using webproxy, IPS, ATP, one IPSEC-tunnel, ssl-vpn.. it runs smooth and have no problems.. its typical home environment with about 15 clients and a 50/2 internet-link.

greets

zaphod

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• By so-called Flow Monitor I mean the live view of your network flow which can be accessed by the Dashboard.

We tested WebAdmin of course, but obviously this feature slipped our attention.

Just to make that clear - the issue that got reported regarding the Executive Report has nothing to do with this update and is still under investigation. I could reproduce the same behavior with the prior update, but in a non-deterministic way.

Cheers,

Sascha Rudolph
    Senior Software Engineer, NSG

• Haven't heard about those problems yet and can't say if this is related to the update or not.

Cheers,

Sascha Rudolph

• issue with execute report must have something to do with the update. i have a standalone machine with 9.351-3 which runs fine and generate execute reports with the graphs in it.. my updated cluster (on 9.351-3 before) which updatet to 9.352-6 has the problems after the update.

dont search excuses.. do your job support your customers which pay much money for your licenses!!!

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• I have to disagree on this. I ran multiple tests yesterday and after performing the up2date I had installations with and without the images. Thus for the moment, I don't think that this is really related to the update itself. Unfortunately I haven't an explanation either at the moment.

Cheers,

Sascha Rudolph