This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Detect new interface/nic without reboot

Hi,

We run Sophos UTM on a vSphere VM, if we add a new NIC/interface in vSphere you have to reboot the UTM to see the new interface. Is there a way of detecting it with a Linux command, so i don't have to reboot?

Thanks,

Freek

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Even with HA you should inform your customers - what if sth. goes wrong or introduces a bug? Downtime maybe much longer, not just a reboot. Always make sure you have a scheduled update window when running in production.
  • Hi trollvottel,

what does setitfhw.plx do? I have a problem with a flexi modules not recognized by my  Webadmin (sg550 cluster nodes/9.355sw). Support also hasn´t an idea so far....

The interfaces are shown in ethtool, even the portstatus, connected or not..... We already rebooted the maschines after the installation, but no change.

• you will never get an answer from trollvottel cause he left this forum some time ago (maybe have to left...). hope others can answer...

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• Thanks for that info, I hope that too ;)

• Yes, trollvottel was an asset here for many years. We communicated offline in English and German.  Sometime after the Sophos acquisition, he left the company, but continued to contribute.  In one comment (out of hundreds!), he made a passing observation critical of Sophos' action on a specific issue.  Some young and overly-enthusiastic (I'm guessing) Sophos employee threatened him with legal action in a move that that person will regret as he matures.

Trollvottel did what any honorable and emotionally-healthy person would do - he bowed out gracefully without naming the individual responsible for his decision to leave.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Yes, trollvottel was an asset here for many years. We communicated offline in English and German.  Sometime after the Sophos acquisition, he left the company, but continued to contribute.  In one comment (out of hundreds!), he made a passing observation critical of Sophos' action on a specific issue.  Some young and overly-enthusiastic (I'm guessing) Sophos employee threatened him with legal action in a move that that person will regret as he matures.

Trollvottel did what any honorable and emotionally-healthy person would do - he bowed out gracefully without naming the individual responsible for his decision to leave.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data