This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Detect new interface/nic without reboot

Hi,

We run Sophos UTM on a vSphere VM, if we add a new NIC/interface in vSphere you have to reboot the UTM to see the new interface. Is there a way of detecting it with a Linux command, so i don't have to reboot?

Thanks,

Freek

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Even with HA you should inform your customers - what if sth. goes wrong or introduces a bug? Downtime maybe much longer, not just a reboot. Always make sure you have a scheduled update window when running in production.
  • Hi trollvottel,

what does setitfhw.plx do? I have a problem with a flexi modules not recognized by my  Webadmin (sg550 cluster nodes/9.355sw). Support also hasn´t an idea so far....

The interfaces are shown in ethtool, even the portstatus, connected or not..... We already rebooted the maschines after the installation, but no change.

• you will never get an answer from trollvottel cause he left this forum some time ago (maybe have to left...). hope others can answer...

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• Thanks for that info, I hope that too ;)

Reply Children
No Data