This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

flexiport not recognized

Hello,

I have added an 8 port GbE copper FleXi Port module on both node of a SG210 HA but the new interfaces are not available on Web Admin.
Before add this module I shout down the machine.
How could I solve this issue?

Thanks

Davide

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi everybody,

maybe someone who has similiar problems should try this, in my case it worked and after it the 10G interfaces were recognized. I got this from the support.

Need root access on the Device:

1.)
    # setitfhw.plx

2.)
    # udevadm trigger

Best Regards

Sebastian

• Would be nice to find any documents for this procedure on SG Cluster Systems...

• Hi,

better late, then never. This is the official guide from sophos support:

------------------------
    What To Do

How to do hardware changes to a cluster:

1) Power down all nodes
        2) Do hardware changes (module addition/removal/changes)
        3) Power up master
        4) Power up worker and slave node

If this is done differently there is high chance that cluster is in inconsistent hardware state. This can result in strange behavior.
    -------------------------

I don´t know whether they already added this to the KB, but I didn´t find this in the knowledgebase or Flexiport Inst. Guides to that time. Sophos like to get more tickets, as they are not documenting everything necessary. They are wondering about the amount of requests, I actually do not.

Best regards

Sebastian

• Hi,

better late, then never. This is the official guide from sophos support:

------------------------
    What To Do

How to do hardware changes to a cluster:

1) Power down all nodes
        2) Do hardware changes (module addition/removal/changes)
        3) Power up master
        4) Power up worker and slave node

If this is done differently there is high chance that cluster is in inconsistent hardware state. This can result in strange behavior.
    -------------------------

I don´t know whether they already added this to the KB, but I didn´t find this in the knowledgebase or Flexiport Inst. Guides to that time. Sophos like to get more tickets, as they are not documenting everything necessary. They are wondering about the amount of requests, I actually do not.

Best regards

Sebastian

Children
No Data